Alfuzosin XL 10mg prolonged release tablets*
What Alfuzosin is used for:
Alfuzosin can be used to treat the symptoms of Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy. It can cause problems in passing water (urine). This happens mainly in older men.
Do not take Alfuzosin if:
• You are allergic (hypersensitive) to Alfuzosin or any of the other ingredients of Alfuzosin.
• You are taking another alpha-blocker.
• You have something called orthostatic hypotension.
• You have serious liver problems.
Warnings and precautions:
Check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking your medicine if:
• You have chest pain.
• You have a long-term infection in your urinary.
• You are going to have an operation on the eye because of cataract.
• You have circulatory problems affecting the brain.
• You have heart problems.
• You are over 65.
• You ever get painful erections of the penis.
Possible side effects:
Normally, this only happens if you have had angina before.
You could notice symptoms of angioedema, such as a red and lumpy skin rash, swelling (on the eyelids, face, lips, mouth and tongue), difficulty in breathing or swallowing. These are symptoms of an allergic reaction. If this happens, stop taking your tablets and contact a doctor or go to a hospital immediately.
Painful erection of the penis (priapism)
If you get painful erections of the penis, unrelated to sexual activity, that will not go away stop taking your tablets and contact a doctor or go to a hospital immediately.
Other medicines with Alfuzosin:
Do not take Alfuzosin if you are taking:
• Other alpha-blockers such as doxazosin, indoramin, prazosin, terazosin, tamsulosin, or phenoxybenzamine.
How to take Alfuzosin:
The usual dose is one Alfuzosin tablet three times a day.
How to store Alfuzosin:
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use Alfuzosin after the expiry date which is stated on the carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Store below 30°C in a dry place.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste.
* Dosage form and route of administration of Alfuzosin XL 10mg prolonged release tablets should be prescribed according to therapeutic indication and disease severity of each individual patient.