Atacand 16 mg Tablet 28pcs
Home delivery within 2 hours
What Candesartan Cilexetil is used for:
Candesartan Cilexetil is used to treat:
- Elevated blood pressure (hypertension).
- Heart failure with reduced heart muscle function when an Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) inhibitor medicine cannot be used, or in addition to it.
Do not take Candesartan Cilexetil:
- If you’re allergic to the active substances or any other component of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have severe liver disease or bile obstruction.
- If you have diabetes or kidney problems and you are treated with the medicine called Aliskiren.
- In children less than 1 year of age.
Warnings and precautions:
Talk to your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine including:
- If you have heart problems.
- If you have liver problems.
- If you have kidney problems, or are on dialysis, or recently had a kidney transplant.
- If you are vomiting, have recently had severe vomiting, or have diarrhea.
- If you have a disease of the adrenal gland called Conn’s syndrome (primary hyperaldosteronism).
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have ever had a stroke.
- If you are taking any of the following medicines: an ACE-inhibitor (like Enalapril, Lisinopril, Ramipril), Aliskiren, a mineralocorticoid receptors antagonist (MRA).
Possible side effects:
- Stop using this product and seek immediate medical help if you develop rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Side effects include:
- Other medicines and Candesartan Cilexetil
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Change in kidney function
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking:
Tell your doctor especially if you are taking:
- Other medicines that lower your blood pressure.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as Ibuprofen, Diclofenac.
- Acetylsalicylic acid (if you are taking more than 3 g each day).
- Potassium supplements or salt substitutes containing potassium.
- Heparin (a blood thinner).
- Water tablets (diuretics).
- Lithium (for mental health problems).
How to take Candesartan Cilexetil :
- Take as indicated by your doctor.
- Take at the same time each day.
- Take with or without food.
- The usual dosing range for adults is 4-8 mg per day. It can be increased up to 32 mg per day.
- The usual dosing range for children is 4-8 mg per day. It can be increased up to 16 mg per day.
How to store Candesartan Cilexetil :
- Store at room temperature below 86°F (30°C).
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the package.
- The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Manufacturer: Atacand
- Product form: Tablets
- Ingredients: Candesartan Cilexetil