Avonex 4 Pre-Filled Pen 30 mcg (Refrigerator)
Home delivery within 2 hours
Free Delivery Above 100.00 SAR
Available for pick-up from the store
Add to Wish List
Interferon Beta-1a 30mcg IM
What Interferon Beta-1a is used for:
- Interferon beta-1a is in a class of medications called immunomodulators.
- It is used in adults with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis to
- Decrease flare-ups of symptoms (such as balance problems, numbness or weakness)
- Help to slow disease worsening.
Do not take Interferon Beta-1a:
- If you are allergic to interferon beta, human albumin, or any of the ingredients.
Warnings & Precautions:
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Interferon Beta-1a if you:
- Have depression or suicide signs and symptoms
- Have liver problems
- Have bleeding problems or blood clots
- Have thyroid problems
- Are at risk for seizures
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed
Possible Side Effects:
- Skin reaction at the site of injection (itching, swelling, color change)
- Abdominal pain
- Influenza like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, headaches).
Other medicines and Interferon Beta-1a:
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist about all medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements.
- Interferon Beta-1a and other medicines may affect each other causing side effects.
- Caution with medicinal products that have a narrow therapeutic index like digoxin, lithium, warfarin, and phenytoin.
How to take Interferon Beta-1a:
- Adults above 18 years of age:
- The usual dose is: 1 dose injection in the muscle once a week
- It is given by injection in the muscle.
How To Use:
- After reconstitution, avoid shaking, check if the solution is clear to slightly yellow and without particles.
- Discard the product if it contains particulate matter or is discolored.
- Inject exactly as your healthcare provider tells you.
- Do not inject more than your healthcare provider tells you to.
- Rotate sites for intramuscular injections with each injection to minimize the likelihood of injection site reactions.
- Do not inject into an area of the body where the skin is irritated, reddened, bruised, infected or scarred in any way.
- Check the injection site after 2 hours for redness, swelling, or tenderness.
- Do not use any other needle with the autoinjector.
How to store Interferon Beta-1a:
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- It should be stored in a 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F) refrigerator.
- If refrigeration be unavailable, vials of can be stored at 25°C (77°F) for a period of up to 30 days.
- Do not expose to high temperatures. Do not freeze. Protect from light.
- Do not use beyond the expiration date stamped on the vial. Following reconstitution,
- it is recommended the product be used as soon as possible within 6 hours stored at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F).
- Do not use external heat sources such as hot water to warm in a prefilled syringe.
- Should refrigeration be unavailable, a prefilled syringe can be stored at ≤ 25°C (77°F) for a period up to 7 days.
- Manufacturer: Avonex
- Product form: Pen
- Ingredients: Interferon Beta-1A