Betazol Cream 30 gm
Home delivery within 2 hours
Free Delivery Above 100.00 SAR
Available for pick-up from the store
Add to Wish List
Betamethasone di-propionate 0.05%/miconazole nitrate 2% Cream
What Betamethasone di-propionate/ miconazole nitrate is used for:
- This product consists of two active ingredients; betamethasone di-propionate and miconazole nitrate.
- Betamethasone di-propionate belongs to a class of medicines known as” topical corticosteroids” that acts by reducing inflammation,
- itchiness and redness of the skin.
- Miconazole nitrate belongs to a class of medicines known as” topical antifungals” and is used to treat fungal skin infections.
- This medicine is used for the short-term therapy of some skin fungal infections associated with skin inflammation, itchiness and redness.
Do not use Betamethasone di-propionate/ miconazole nitrate:
- If you have an allergy to Betamethasone di-propionate, other corticosteroids, miconazole nitrate or any of the ingredients present in this product.
- If the package is ripped or has signs of tampering.
- If the expiry date mentioned on the medication box has passed.
- If you experience an allergic reaction or skin irritation upon use of this cream.
- If you may be suffering from other skin problems (e.g. viral skin infections like herpes simplex or chicken pox, bacterial skin infections, acne, nappy rash, skin inflammation around the mouth, other skin infections or rosacea which is a skin problem that affects the face).
- The use of this medicine for other skin disorders may worsen your problem.
- If you are giving it to a child under 12 years of age.
Warnings & Precautions:
- Stop the medication right away and talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you develop any allergic or skin reactions to any of the ingredients present in this cream:
- Such as skin itchiness, skin redness, shortness of breath, skin rash, swelling of the face or neck, decreased blood pressure and dizziness.
- This medicine is designed for external topical use only.
- Do not swallow this product.
- Avoid contact of the cream with your lips, eyes, mouth, sensitive areas of the neck and angles of the nose in order to avoid irritation.
- In case of accidental contact, make sure to rinse the area very well with warm water and then pat dry.
- Make sure to tell your doctor if you have psoriasis before using this medicine.
- Your doctor may recommend regular follow-ups to assess your psoriasis.
- Contact your doctor if you have psoriasis and your skin is getting worse or you are getting raised bumps filled with pus below the skin.
- Talk to your doctor immediately if you, or your child develop any vision problems (e.g. blurred vision).
- Side effects that may occur with the use of oral or inhaled corticosteroids may also happen with topical corticosteroids.
- These side effects are more likely to happen in infants and children.
Possible Side Effects:
- Possible side effects include allergic reactions, stinging and burning, itching, blistering, thinning of the skin and red marks,
- rash, skin dryness, skin darkening, inflammation of the hair follicles, skin redness, excessive fluid retention in body tissues,
- excessive hair growth and secondary skin infections.
Other medicines and Betamethasone di-propionate/ miconazole nitrate:
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medications including topical products.
How to use Betamethasone di-propionate/ miconazole nitrate:
Adults and children over the age of 12 years
- Apply a thin layer of cream and gently massage it into the affected area and the surrounding skin areas 2 to 3 times a day.
- Your doctor may recommend a different dosing regimen depending on your case,
- make sure to use this medicine as directed by your doctor.
Children under 12 years of age
- Use of this medicine in children under 12 years of age is not recommended unless advised by the doctor.
- Close supervision by the doctor is recommended in case your doctor recommended applying this cream on your child’s affected area.
- Wash your hands before and after using the cream.
- Make sure to replace the cap on the tube after using the cream in order to avoid leakage of the medicine.
- Make sure to follow the directions mentioned on this leaflet unless recommended differently by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Ask your pharmacist or doctor if you are not sure.
- Do not use this medicine for more than 2 weeks unless recommended by your doctor.
- Talk to your doctor if your skin inflammation is not improving after a week of using this product.
- Make sure to keep the cream away from your eyes.
- Make sure not to apply the cream below a dressing (e.g. bandage or plaster) in order to prevent excessive absorption of the medicine and subsequent undesirable side effects.
- Do not apply a large amount of this cream on large body areas for a long period of time (e.g. on a daily basis for many weeks or months).
- Do not use this cream on your face, on large areas of the skin or in skin folds (e.g. the back of the knee) unless directed by your doctor.
- It is recommended that you space your topical medicines by at least 2 hours.
- It is recommended that you apply this cream on a small part of your skin before using this medicine in order to check if you develop any allergic reactions to the cream.
How to store Betamethasone di-propionate/ miconazole nitrate:
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets
- Store in a dry place below 25°C
- Do not use beyond the expiry date mentioned on the cream
- Do not dispose medication in the wastewater or household waste,
- Ask your pharmacist how to dispose medicines you no longer use
- Keep medication in its original pack to protect it from moisture and light
- Manufacturer: Betazol
- Product form: Cream
- Ingredients: Betamethasone - Miconazole
People also purchased
- Benzac Benzac-Ac 2.5% Gel 60 gm12.45 SAR
- Clevie Clevie Facial Toner 250 ml27.60 SAR
- Avotin-A Avalon-Avotin-A 0.05% W/W Cream 30 gm15.90 SAR
- Acretin Acretin 0.25% Cream 30 gm17.10 SAR