Bio-Carotene 1500- 60 Capsules
Home delivery within 2 hours
Free Delivery Above 100.00 SAR
Available for pick-up from the store
Add to Wish List
- Bio-Carotene are small capsules with 9 mg pure betacarotene equivalent to 1500 µg retinol equivalents. This dose is about 188% of the daily reference intake level for betacarotene.
- Bio-Carotene is manufactured in a way where betacarotene is mixed into an oil matrix that keeps it stable and increases bio-availability. In fact, studies document that betacarotene in supplement form has better bio-availability than when you get it from vegetables.
- For optimal absorption in the body Bio-Carotene should be taken with a meal.
What Is Betacarotene:
- Betacarotene belongs to a group of yellow and red plant compounds with a coloring effect. Betacarotene is the substance that provides carrots, among others, with their orange color.
- Betacarotene is also a pro-vitamin that gets converted into vitamin A in the amounts needed by the body. In some parts of the world, betacarotene is the major source of vitamin A.
- Vitamin A also contributes to normal cell division and it is necessary for normal functioning of the immune system.
- Betacarotene and vitamin A
- Betacarotene is a good vegetable source of vitamin A.
- Betacarotene is fat-soluble and is therefore absorbed more readily when ingested with some kind of fat. When betacarotene gets converted into vitamin A it contributes to maintaining normal skin and mucous membranes.
- It is of importance for normal cell division and immune function. Moreover, it helps to maintain normal vision.
- Ingestion of food and dietary supplements with large quantities (30 mg or more) of betacarotene may provide the skin with a harmless yellowish color that some people find attractive.
- The color is a result of betacarotene accumulating in the subcutaneous tissue (hypodermis), mainly on the hands and feet.
- This color vanishes as soon as the intake of betacarotene is reduced.
Betacarotene and smokers:
- In some countries dietary supplements containing betacarotene must carry a warning for smokers, telling them not to use the product.
- This warning is based on research showing that large doses of beta-carotene taken by heavy smokers may increase their risk of lung cancer.
- There is no evidence suggesting that betacarotene supplements are harmful for non-smokers.
- In addition, there is no reason to fear getting too much vitamin A from betacarotene, as the body stops converting it once its stores are saturated.
Good betacarotene sources:
- Betacarotene occurs naturally in several different foods, some of the best sources being:
- green vegetables
- bell pepper
- The betacarotene content in vegetables may vary quite a lot, depending on factors like the soil they were cultivated in, fertilizers, wind, weather conditions, and the subsequent treatment of the crop
How To Use:
- 1 capsule daily, unless otherwise advised. Do not exceed recommended amount. To be taken with food
Warning & Precaution
- Pregnant and lactating women and those on medication should seek professional advice prior to taking supplements.
- Nutritional supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Servings Per Container: 60
|or Vitamin A||1500 µg RE|
- Manufacturer: Caroten
- Product form: Capsules
- Ingredients: Beta Carotene
- Product function: Eye & Vision health, Men's Health, Women's Health
People also purchased
- Fefol Spansule Fefol Capsule 30pcs8.60 SAR
- Stresstabs Zinc Stresstabs + Zinc 30 Tablets13.70 SAR
- Centrum Centrum Multivitamins With Lutein 30 Tablets20.40 SAR
- Neurorubine Neurorubine Forte Vitamin B Complex 20 Tablets12.05 SAR