Your best defense against the COVID-19 is practicing good household hygiene. Here are some tips from Al Nahdi Online for cleaning and disinfecting your home, and to help keep your family safe:
1. Cleaning and disinfecting hard surfaces
Follow the below guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces daily in common household areas (e.g. tables, doorknobs, electrical plug point & light switches, TV & AC remote controls, landline & mobile phones, touch screens, keyboards, faucets, sinks, toilets, and countertops):
- If a surface is visibly dirty, it should be cleaned using a detergent or soap, and rinsed with water prior to disinfection.
- For disinfection, use effective household disinfectants and cleaning solutions.
- Wear disposable gloves when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces. Disposable gloves should be discarded after each cleaning, and if reusable gloves are used, those gloves should be dedicated to cleaning and disinfection of surfaces for COVID-19 and should not be used for other purposes.
- Clean hands immediately after gloves are removed.
2. Cleaning and disinfecting electronic devices
Here are some guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting electronic devices, such as cell phones, tablets, touch screens, remote controls, and keyboards:
- Turn off all electronic devices and unplug all electrical connections before cleaning. Remove batteries from battery-operated devices.
- Follow the device manufacturer’s instructions for the best cleaning methods.
- If no manufacturer guidance is available, consider the use of alcohol-based wipes or sprays containing at least 70% alcohol to disinfect touch screens. Avoid using aerosol sprays and window cleaners, as well as cleaning products with abrasive chemicals.
- Spray the cleaner or disinfectant onto a dry, lint-free cloth, or use alcohol-based wipes to gently wipe the outer surface of your devices.
- Dry surfaces thoroughly to avoid the pooling of liquids.
3. Cleaning and disinfecting soft surfaces
For soft (porous) surfaces such as fabric, leather, carpeted floor, rugs, and drapes, it is recommended to clean with appropriate cleaners indicated for use on these surfaces in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, and disinfect after cleaning:
- Wear disposable gloves when handling dirty laundry, especially from an ill person, and then discard after each use. If using reusable gloves, those gloves should be dedicated to cleaning and disinfection of surfaces for COVID-19 and should not be used for other household purposes.
- If possible, do not shake or place dirty laundry with other clothing items. This will minimize the possibility of dispersing the virus through the air.
- Launder items as appropriate in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. If possible, launder items using the warmest appropriate water setting for the items and dry items completely.
- Clean and disinfect clothes hamper with a disinfectant. If possible, consider placing a bag liner that is either disposable (can be thrown away) or can be laundered.
4. Cleaning and disinfecting shoes
Consider the following guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting shoes:
- Wear disposable gloves or reusable gloves when handling and disinfecting shoes.
- Either wipe the exterior surfaces and soles of the shoes with a disinfecting wipe or wash (machine washable or cloth shoes) in a washing machine using a strong detergent and hot water (60°C – 90°C).
- Post wash dry shoes in a well-ventilated area in the house or leave them out in direct sunlight on your balcony or terrace.
- After disinfecting, immediately discard the disposable gloves. When using reusable gloves, store them in a separate laundry basket after disinfecting them. Clean hands immediately after gloves are removed.
- Make sure to place your shoes in a sealed plastic bag after disinfection and stow away in the shoe cabinet
- Dettol Dettol Disinfectant Spray - Lavender 450 ml40.50 SAR
- Clean Care Clean Care Clean Care Isopropyl Alcohol 70% 250 ml24.15 SAR
- Nahdi Nahdi Latex Gloves Powdered Free Large 100 pcs35.00 SAR