Butalin 0.5mg Solution For Nebuliser 20 ml
Home delivery within 2 hours
Free Delivery Above 100.00 SAR
Available for pick-up from the store
Add to Wish List
- What is Ventolin Solution and how is it used.
- Ventolin Solution is a prescription medicine used to treat the symptoms of acute, severe and exercise induced Asthma (Bronchospasm).
- Ventolin Solution may be used alone or with other medications.
- Ventolin Solution belongs to a class of drugs called PAH, PDE-5 Inhibitors, Phosphodiesterase-5 Enzyme Inhibitors.
- It is not known if Ventolin Solution is safe and effective in children younger than 6 years of age.
- Albuterol is used to treat or prevent bronchospasm in patients with asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, and other lung diseases. It is also used to prevent bronchospasm caused by exercise.
- Albuterol belongs to the family of medicines known as adrenergic bronchodilators. Adrenergic bronchodilators are medicines that are breathed in through the mouth to open up the bronchial tubes (air passages) in the lungs. They relieve cough, wheezing, and trouble breathing by increasing the flow of air through the bronchial tubes.
- This medicine is available only with your doctor's prescription.
How To Use:
- The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine.
- Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using the medicine.
For inhalation solution dosage form (used with a nebulizer):
For prevention of bronchospasm:
Adults and children older than 12 years of age:
- 5 milligrams (mg) in the nebulizer 3 or 4 times per day as needed.
Children 2 to 12 years of age:
- 0.63 to 1.25 mg in the nebulizer 3 or 4 times per day as needed.
Children younger than 2 years of age:
- Use and dose must be determined by your child's doctor.
- If you miss a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as possible.
- However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not double doses.
Warnings And Precautions:
- It is very important that your doctor check your or your child's progress at regular visits.
- This will allow your doctor to see if the medicine is working properly and to check for any unwanted effects.
- This medicine may cause paradoxical bronchospasm, which means your breathing or wheezing will get worse.
- This may be life-threatening. Check with your doctor right away if you or your child have coughing, difficulty breathing, or wheezing after using this medicine.
Talk to your doctor or get medical help right away if:
- Your symptoms do not improve or they become worse after using this medicine.
- Your inhaler does not seem to be working as well as usual and you need to use it more often.
- You or your child may also be taking an anti-inflammatory medicine, including steroid (cortisone-like medicine), together with this medicine.
- Do not stop taking the anti-inflammatory medicine, even if your asthma seems better, unless your doctor tells you to.
- Albuterol may cause serious allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis, which can be life-threatening and require immediate medical attention.
- Check with your doctor right away if you or your child develop a skin rash, hives, itching, trouble breathing or swallowing, or any swelling of your hands, face, or mouth while you are using this medicine.
- Hypokalemia (low potassium in the blood) may occur while you are using this medicine.
- Check with your doctor right away if you or your child have decreased urine, dry mouth, increased thirst, irregular heartbeat, loss of appetite, mood changes, muscle pain or cramps, nausea, vomiting, numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, or lips, trouble breathing, seizures, or unusual tiredness or weakness.
- Do not take other medicines unless they have been discussed with your doctor.
- This includes prescription or nonprescription (over-the-counter [OTC]) medicines for appetite control, asthma, colds, cough, hay fever, or sinus problems, and herbal or vitamin supplements.
- Salbutamol 5mg/2.5ml Nebulizer Solution.
- Manufacturer: Butalin
- Product form: Solution
- Size: 20 ml
- Ingredients: Salbutamol