Dextrose 5% Solution 90 ml
Home delivery within 2 hours
Dextrose (same as Glucose) has the following uses, depending on the concentration:
- To add fluids to your body after fluid loss.
- To dissolve a medication to be given as an injection.
- To treat low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia).
- To treat high potassium levels in the blood.
Warnings and precautions:
Talk to your doctor about all your medical conditions before receiving this medicine including:
- If you have diabetes.
- If you are dehydrated.
- If you are malnourished.
- If you have any kind of impairment of your glucose metabolism.
- If you have trouble passing urine.
- If you have kidney problems.
- If you recently suffered from brain injury.
Possible side effects:
- Stop using this product and seek immediate medical help if you develop rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Side effects include:
- Vein clots or inflammation of the veins
- High blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia) characterized by thirst, confusion and tiredness
- Imbalance in the salt levels in your blood
- Water retention due to malnutrition (swelling and difficulty breathing)
Other medicines and Dextrose:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, especially:
- Carbamazepine and Oxcarbazepine.
- Vincristine and Ifosfamide.
- SSRIs used for depression.
- Antipsychotic for mental health treatment.
- Opioid pain killers.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Vasopressin and Terlipressin.
- Diuretics (water tablets).
How Dextrose is given:
- This medicine will be given to you by your nurse.
- It is given as an injection in the vein.
- Your doctor will determine the dose for you.
How to store Dextrose:
- Store at room temperature 68 to 77°F (20 to 25°C).
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the package. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Manufacturer: Dextrose
- Product form: Solution
- Ingredients: Dextrose