- Dry skin
- Red to brownish-gray patches
- Small, raised bumps, which may leak ﬂuid and crust over when scratched
- Thickened, cracked, scaly skin
- Raw, sensitive, swollen skin from scratching
Atopic dermatitis most often begina before age 5 and may persist into adolescence and adulthood. For some people, it ﬂares periodically and then clears up for a time, even for several years.
MOISTURIZE YOUR SKIN AT LEAST TWICE A DAY:
You might try bath oils, creams, ointments or sprays.to moisturize your skin .
APPLY AN ANTI-ITCH CREAM TO THE AFFECTED AREA:
A non-prescription hydrocortisone cream, containing at least 1 percent hydrocortisone, can temporarily relieve the itch. Apply it no more than twice a day to the affected area, after moisturizing.
TAKE AN ORAL ANTIHISTAMINE MEDICATION:
Options include non-prescription antihistamine medications which may be helpful if the itching is severe.
Rather than scratching when you itch, try pressing on the skin. Cover the itchy area if you can't keep from scratching it. For children, it might help to trim their nails and have them wear gloves at night.
CHOOSE MILD SOAPS WITHOUT DYES OR PERFUMES:
Use soap that's super fatted and no alkaline. Be sure to rinse off the soap completely
DRUGS TO FIGHT INFECTION:
Your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic cream if your skin has a bacterial infection, an open sore or cracks. He or she may recommend taking oral antibiotics for a short time to treat an infection
ORAL DRUGS THAT CONTROL INFLAMMATION:
For more-severe cases, your doctor may prescribe oral corticosteroids. These drugs are effective but cannot be used long term because of potential serious side effects. So need to be taken as prescriped.
- Bepanthen Bepanthen Lotion, daily face and body moisturizer, 200ml87.40 SAR
- Bepanthen Bepanthen SensiDaily Cream, for eczema-prone skin, 150ml66.70 SAR
- Bepanthen Bepanthen Skin Moisturizer, for damaged & irritated skin, 100g65.55 SAR
- Panthophil Panthophil Lotion Moisturizer For Skin Care 200 ml76.65 SAR
* Before beginning any type of treatment regimen. Always consult with a licensed healthcare professional for a specific medical advice about diagnosis or treatments, especially if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any Special medical condition.