Fenistil 1 mg Oral Drop 20 ml
Home delivery within 2 hours
What Dimetindene Maleate is used for:
- Dimetindene Maleate is used to treat symptoms of allergy as well as itching associated with skin reactions, hives and insect bites.
Do not take Dimetindene Maleate:
- If you’re allergic to the active substance or any other component of this medicine.
- In children less than 1 month.
- If you took monoamine oxidase inhibitors (maois) in the past 14 days.
- Do not use the gel on open wounds.
Warnings and precautions:
- Talk to your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine including:
- If you have narrow angle glaucoma.
- If you have trouble passing urine.
- If you have epilepsy.
- If you have COPD.
Possible side effects:
- Stop using this product and seek immediate medical help if you develop rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Common side effects:
- Dry skin (gel)
- Local irritation (gel)
Other medicines and Dimetindene Maleate:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, especially:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (maois)
- Other antihistamines
- Medicines for depression
- Medicines that make you sleepy
How to take Dimetindene Maleate :
- Take as indicated by your doctor.
- For the gel, gently massage on affected area 2-4 times daily.
- Adults: The usual recommended dose is 1-2 mg 3 times daily.
- In children, the usual dose is approximately 0.1 mg/kg body weight per day.
- Children 1 month - 1 year: 3 - 10 drops 3 times a day.
- Children 1-3 years: 10 - 15 drops 3 times a day.
- Children 3 - 12 years: 15-20 drops 3 times a day.
How to store Dimetindene Maleate :
- Store at room temperature 68 to 77°F (20 to 25°C).
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the package.
- The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
*Dosage form and route of administration of Dimetindene Maleate 1 mg/ml oral drops and 0.1% gel should be prescribed according to therapeutic indication and disease severity of each individual patient.
- Manufacturer: Fenistil
- Product form: Drops
- Ingredients: Dimetindene