Gentacin 0.3% Eye & Ear Drop 8 ml
Home delivery within 2 hours
Gentamicin 0.03% eye/ear drops
What Gentamicin is used for:
Gentamicin is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections of the eye. The drops can also be used to treat infections of the middle ear.
Do not use Gentamicin:
• If you’re allergic to the active substances or any other component of this medicine.
• If you have myasthenia gravis.
• In your ear if you have or suspect you have a burst ear drum, if you are being treated for a problem with your ear.
Warnings & Precautions:
Talk to your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine including:
• If you have liver or kidney problems.
Prolonged use of this medicine may lead to a second infection.
Possible side effects
Stop using this product and seek immediate medical help if you develop rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this product if you experience severe eye irritation or change in eyesight
Side effects include:
• Blurred vision
• Ear damage
• Local irritation
• Second infection
• Kidney problems
Other medicines and Gentamicin:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking.
Gentamicin may interact with the following medicines:
• Cephalosporin antibiotics
• The antifungal Amphotericin B
• Diuretics like Furosemide
• Other aminiglycosides
How to take Gentamicin:
• Use as indicated by your doctor.
• The drops can be used in the eyes or ears.
• The ointment is for the eyes only.
• For the eye, instill 1-2 drops into the affected eye every 4 hours (up to 6 times a day).
• For the ear, instill 2-3 drops 3-4 times a day and at night.
• Apply 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) 2 to 3 times daily on the lower lid.
How to store Gentamicin:
• Store at room temperature 68 to 77°F (20 to 25°C).
• Discard after 28 days of opening.
• Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the package. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Manufacturer: Gentacin
- Product form: Drops
- Ingredients: Gentamicin