Histofen Syrup 100 ml
Home delivery within 2 hours
Free Delivery Above 100.00 SAR
Available for pick-up from the store
Ketotifen 1mg/5ml syrup
What ketotifen is used for:
- Ketotifen is a second-generation noncompetitive H₁-antihistamine and mast cell stabilizer.
- It is indicated for the symptomatic treatment of allergic conditions including rhinitis and conjunctivitis.
Do not take ketotifen if:
- Hypersensitivity to ketotifen
Warnings & Precautions:
- Should not be used for the treatment of acute asthma attack
- It can reduce reflex capability
- Monitor blood platelets
Possible Side Effects:
- Dry mouth
Other medicines and ketotifen:
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist about all medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:
- Any medication for diabetes because of risk of change in blood platelets (metformin, dapaglifozin, linagliptin)
- Sedatives (lorazepam, midazolam), hypnotics (phenobarbital),
- antihistamine (chlorpheniramine, loratadine) or alcohol because of increased effects if used together.
How to take ketotifen:
- Adults: 5ml 2 times daily
- Children older than 3 years: 5ml 2 times daily
- Children between 6 months and 3 years: 2.5ml 2 times daily
- If you have a tendency for sedation, start with 2.5 ml 2 times daily.
- You can increase the dose up to 10 ml daily if necessary.
How to store ketotifen:
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store at 15°-30°C (59°-86°F).
- Protect from light.
- Do not use beyond the expiry date indicated on the package
* Dosage form and route of Ketotifen 1mg/5ml syrup and Ketotifen 0.25mg/ml eye drops should be prescribed according to therapeutic indication and disease severity of each individual patient.
- Manufacturer: Histofen
- Product form: Syrup
- Size: 100 ml
- Ingredients: Ketotifen