Jadenu 360 mg Film-Coated 30 Tablets
Home delivery within 2 hours
Free Delivery Above 100.00 SAR
Available for pick-up from the store
Add to Wish List
What Deferasirox is used for:
- Deferasirox is an iron chelator which is a medicine used to remove the excess iron from the body (also called iron overload).
- It traps and removes excess iron which is then excreted mainly in the stools.
Do not use Deferasirox :
- If you are allergic to deferasirox or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If this applies to you, tell your doctor before taking deferasirox
- If you think you may be allergic, ask your doctor for advice.
- If you have moderate or severe kidney disease
- If you are currently taking any other iron chelator medicines
Warnings and precautions:
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking deferasirox:
- If you have a kidney or liver problem
- If you have a cardiac problem due to iron overload
- If you notice a marked decrease in your urine output (sign of kidney problem).
- If you develop a severe rash, or difficulty breathing and dizziness or swelling mainly of the face and throat
- If you experience a combination of any of the following symptoms: rash, red skin, blistering of the lips, eyes or mouth, skin peeling, high fever, flu-like symptoms, enlarged lymph nodes
- If you experience a combination of drowsiness, upper right abdominal pain, yellowing or increased yellowing of your skin or eyes and dark urine (signs of liver problems)
- If you experience difficulty thinking, remembering information, or solving problems, being less alert or aware or feeling very sleepy with low energy (signs of a high level of ammonia in your blood, which may be associated with liver or renal problems
- If you vomit blood and/or have black stools
- If you experience frequent abdominal pain, particularly after eating or taking deferasirox
- If you experience frequent heartburn.
- If you have a low level of platelets or white blood cells in your blood test
- If you have blurred vision
- If you have diarrhea or vomiting
Possible side effects:
- Stop using the product and seek immediate medical attention if you develop throat tightness or swelling of the eyes, face, lips or tongue, feel faint, or have difficulty breathing.
- Stop using the product if you develop hives or itching of the face or body.
Other medicines and Deferasirox:
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
This includes in particular:
- Other iron chelators, which must not be taken with EXJADE, antacids (medicines used to treat heartburn) containing aluminum, which should not be taken at the same time of day as deferasirox
- Certain painkillers or anti-inflammatory medicines
- Oral bisphosphonates
- Anticoagulant medicines
- Hormonal contraceptive agents
- Bepridil, ergotamine
- Phenytoin, phenobarbital, carbamazepine
How to use Deferasirox:
- The dose of deferasirox is related to body weight for all patients.
- Your doctor will calculate the dose you need and tell you how many tablets to take each day.
The maximum recommended daily dose for deferasirox film-coated tablets is:
- 28 mg per kilogram body weight for patients receiving regular blood transfusions
- 14 mg per kilogram body weight for adult patients not receiving regular blood transfusions
- 7 mg per kilogram body weight for children and adolescents not receiving regular blood transfusions.
How to store Deferasirox:
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the blister and the carton after EXP.
- The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Do not use any pack that is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
- Manufacturer: Jadenu
- Product form: Tablets
- Ingredients: Deferasirox