Kafosed 15 Syrup 100 mlShare this item
Same Day Delivery
Available for Store Pickup
Dextromethorphan 15mg/ 5ml syrup
What dextromethorphan is used for
It is a medicine which is used to help relieve dry, irritating coughs. The liquid contains dextromethorphan hydrobromide which is an antitussive to help stop persistent coughing.
Do not use dextromethorphan
• If you have ever had a bad reaction to dextromethorphan or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
• If you suffer from lung disease
• If you are taking, or have taken in the last two weeks, drugs for depression known as Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs)
• If you are taking selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (used to treat depression and anxiety such as fluoxetine, paroxetine and sertraline)
• For children under 12 years old
Warnings and precautions
• If you suffer from liver problems.
• If you have chronic bronchitis, emphysema or asthma or have had a cough for a few weeks or a cough with a lot of mucus (phlegm).
• If you are taking any other cough and cold medicines.
• If your child is prone to developing certain allergic reactions (e.g. atopic reactions).
• If you are or have ever been addicted to opioids, alcohol, prescription medicines, or illegal drugs.
• If you have previously suffered from withdrawal symptoms such as agitation, anxiety, shaking or sweating, when you have stopped taking alcohol or drugs.
• If you have been told by your doctor that you are a slow metabolizer of CYP2D6.
Possible side effects
Stop using the product and seek immediate medical attention if you develop throat tightness or swelling of the eyes, face, lips or tongue, feel faint, or have difficulty breathing. Stop using the product if you develop hives or itching of the face or body.
Other medicines and dextromethorphan
If you are taking any other medicines, including:
• Certain drugs for depression such as norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitors (NDRI), which include bupropion
• Antipsychotics (drugs used to treat mood disorders such as haloperidol, thioridazine, perphenazine)
• Anti-arrhythmic agents (drugs used to treat irregular heartbeats such as amiodarone, propafenone, quinidine and flecainide)
• Calcimimetic agents (drugs used to treat secondary hyperparathyroidism, elevated parathyroid hormone levels such as cinacalcet)
• Anti-fungal (terbinafine)
• Opioid analgesics
How to use dextromethorphan
Adults and children aged 12 years and over: take one 5 ml spoonfuls four times a day.
How to store dextromethorphan
Do not store above 30ºC.
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
- Manufacturer: Kafosed
- Product form: Syrup
- Ingredients: Dextromethorphan
Products you might like!
- Snore Soothe Snore Soothe Mouth Spray 30 ml48.00 SAR
- Claritine Claritine 10 mg Tablet 10 pcs19.60 SAR
- Strepsils Strepsils Lozenges Sore Throat & Blocked Nose 36 pcs27.00 SAR
- Nurofen Nurofen Suspension Strawberry Flavour 150ml15.30 SAR
- Rhinase Aqueous Rhinase Aqueous Nasal Spray22.10 SAR
- Flutab Flutab Tablet 20 Pcs8.95 SAR
- Dentinox Dentinox Teething Gel 15gm45.00 SAR
- Zyrtec Zyrtec 10 mg Tablet 10pcs19.70 SAR
- Panadol Panadol-Extend 665 mg Tablet 18pcs10.30 SAR
- Clarinase Clarinase Tablet 14 pcs17.20 SAR
- Septofort Septofort Lozenge 2 mg 24 Pcs28.00 SAR