Loxtra Eye Drop 5 ml
Home delivery within 2 hours
Ofloxacin/Prednisolone Acetate/Tetrahydrozoline Hydrochloride 3mg/2mg/0.4mg/1ml Eye Drops 5ml
What Ofloxacin/Prednisolone/Tetrahydrozoline Eye Drops is used for
Ofloxacin/Prednisolone/Tetrahydrozoline Eye Drops contains three active ingredients:
• Ofloxacin which is a quinolone antibiotic
• Prednisolone which is a corticosteroid with anti-inflammatory properties
• Tetrahydrozoline which is a decongestant used to relieve redness in the eyes caused by minor eye irritations
Ofloxacin/Prednisolone/Tetrahydrozoline Eye Drops is used for corticosteroid responsive inflammatory conditions of the anterior segment (conjunctiva, cornea, eyelid) and posterior segment inflammation where bacterial infection or risk of bacterial infection exists.
What you need to know before you use Ofloxacin/Prednisolone/Tetrahydrozoline Eye Drops
Do not use Ofloxacin/Prednisolone/Tetrahydrozoline Eye Drops if
• If you are allergic to any ingredient in this medicine.
Warnings and precautions :
Tell your doctor about all of your health conditions, including, if:
• You are sensitive to other quinolone antibacterial agents. Long term use may result in a new bacterial infection which does not respond to Ofloxacin.
• You have a defect or ulceration of the surface of the eye.
• You are diabetic
• You have high blood pressure
• You were born with or have family history of prolonged QT interval, have salt imbalance in the blood, have a very slow heart rhythm, have a weak heart, have a history of heart attack, you are female or elderly or you are taking other medicines that result in abnormal ECG changes.
Possible side effects :
The following side effects are also known to occur, including:
• Allergic reactions
• Hormonal problems
• Eye irritation
• Ocular discomfort
• Visual disturbance
• Sensitivity to light
• A feeling that something is in your eye
• Eye swelling
• Swelling around the eyes
• Eye pain
• Life-threatening irregular heart rhythm
Other medicines and Ofloxacin/Prednisolone/Tetrahydrozoline Eye Drops :
• If you are using any other eye medicine, wait 15 minutes between using each medicine.
• Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are using or have recently used or might use any other medicines.
• You must tell your doctor if you are taking other medicines that can alter your heart rhythm: medicines that belong to the group of anti-arrhythmic , tricyclic antidepressants, some antimicrobials (that belong to the group of macrolides), some antipsychotics.
• Using eye drops containing steroids and eye drops containing betablockers (to treat high pressure in the eye) together may cause settling of calcium phosphate on the surface of the eye.
How to use Ofloxacin/Prednisolone/Tetrahydrozoline Eye Drops :
• Always use Ofloxacin/Prednisolone/Tetrahydrozoline Eye Drops exactly as your doctor has told you.
• The usual dose is 1 or 2 drops into the affected eye(s) every 2 to 4 hours for the first 2 days and then 4 times a day from then on.
To be effective Ofloxacin must be taken regularly.
The length of treatment should not exceed ten days.
• You must not use the bottle if the tamper-proof seal on the bottle neck is broken before you first use it.
Apply your eye drops in the following way:
1. Wash your hands. Tilt your head back and look at the ceiling.
2. Gently pull the lower eyelid down until there is a small pocket
3. Turn the bottle upside down and squeeze it to release one or two drops into each eye that needs treatment.
4. Let go of the lower lid, and close your eye for 30 seconds If a drop misses your eye, try again.
To avoid contamination, do not let the tip of the dropper touch your eye or anything else.
Replace and tighten the cap straight after use.
How to store Ofloxacin/Prednisolone/Tetrahydrozoline Eye Drops :
• Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the single-dose container after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• Keep the single-dose containers in their sachet to protect them from light. After first opening the sachet, use the single-dose containers within 15 days.
• After opening of the single-dose container: use immediately and throw away the single-dose container after use.
• Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away any medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
- Manufacturer: Loxtra
- Product form: Drops
- Ingredients: Ofloxacin - Prednisolone - Tetrahydrozolin