Maxitrol 1% Eye Ointment 3.5 gm
Home delivery within 2 hours
- This medication is used to treat conditions involving swelling (inflammation) of the eyes and to treat or prevent bacterial eye infections.
- This product contains neomycin and polymyxin, antibiotics that work by stopping the growth of bacteria. It also contains dexamethasone, an anti-inflammatory corticosteroid that works by reducing swelling.
- This medication treats/prevents only bacterial eye infections.
- It will not work for other types of eye infections and may worsen them (such as infections caused by viruses, fungi, mycobacteria).
- Unnecessary use or overuse of any antibiotic can lead to its decreased effectiveness.
How To Use:
- This medication is applied to the eye(s), usually 3 or 4 times a day or as directed by your doctor.
- Do not wear contact lenses while you are using this medicine.
- Sterilize contact lenses according to manufacturer's directions, and check with your doctor before you begin using them again.
- To apply the eye ointment, wash your hands first.
- To avoid contamination, be careful not to touch the tube tip or let it touch your eye or any other surface.
- Tilt your head back, look upward, and pull down the lower eyelid to make a pouch.
- Place a 1/2 inch (1.5 centimeters) strip of ointment into the pouch by squeezing the tube gently. Close the eye and roll the eyeball in all directions to spread the medication.
- Try not to blink and do not rub the eye.
- Repeat these steps for your other eye if so directed.
- Wipe the tip of the ointment tube with a clean tissue to remove extra medication before recapping it. Apply as often as directed by your doctor.
- If you are using another kind of eye medication (such as drops or ointments), apply the eye drops first and wait at least 5 minutes before applying this eye ointment.
- Use eye drops before eye ointments to allow the eye drops to enter the eye.
- If you are using another type of eye ointment, wait at least 10 minutes after using this medication before applying it.
- Do not use this medication more often than prescribed or for longer than 10 days unless directed by your doctor.
- Use this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it.
- To help you remember, use it at the same times each day.
- Continue to use this medication for the full time prescribed, even if symptoms disappear after a few days.
- Stopping the medication too soon may allow bacteria to continue to grow, which may result in a return of the infection.
- Inform your doctor if your condition does not improve in a few days.
Warnings And Precautions:
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if :
- You are allergic to neomycin, polymyxin, or dexamethasone; or to aminoglycoside antibiotics (such as gentamicin, tobramycin); or to corticosteroids (such as hydrocortisone, prednisone).
- Or if you have any other allergies.
- This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of:
- Other eye problems (such as glaucoma).
- After you apply this drug, your vision may become temporarily blurred.
- Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
- During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed.
- Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
- It is not known if this drug passes into breast milk.
- Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
1 Gram Ointment Contains:
- 1 MG DEXAMETHASONE.
- 6000 IU POLYMYXIN B SULPHATE.
- 3500 IU NEOMYCIN SULPHATE (AS BASE).
- Manufacturer: Maxitrol
- Product form: Ointment
- Ingredients: Neomycin - Polymyxin - Dexamethasone