Minirin-Melt 60 Mcg Tablet 30pcsShare this item
Same Day Delivery
Available for Store Pickup
Desmopressin 60 micrograms oral lyophilizate
What desmopressin is used for
Desmopressin is a synthetic structural analogue of the natural pituitary hormone arginine vasopressin. The difference lies in the deamination of cysteine and substitution of L-arginine by D-arginine.
It is indicated for the treatment of:
• Primary nocturnal enuresis (bedwetting) in children (from 5 years of age) and adults (up to 65 years of age).
Do not use desmopressin in
• Habitual or psychogenic polydipsia (resulting in a urine production exceeding 40 mL/kg/24 hours)
• A history of known or suspected cardiac insufficiency and other conditions requiring treatment with diuretics
• Moderate and severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance below 50 mL/min)
• Known hyponatremia
• Syndrome of inappropriate anti-diuretic hormone secretion (SIADH)
• Hypersensitivity to desmopressin or to any of the excipients
Warnings and precautions
Take special care:
• if you have an illness causing fluid and/or electrolyte imbalance e.g. vomiting, diarrhoea, systemic infections, fever or gastroenteritis
• if you have a medical condition that could be made worse by fluid and/or electrolyte disturbance
• if you have cystic fibrosis
• if you have difficulty in passing water
Possible side effects
Stop using the product and seek immediate medical attention if you develop throat tightness or swelling of the eyes, face, lips or tongue, feel faint, or have difficulty breathing. Stop using the product if you develop hives or itching of the face or body.
Other medicines and desmopressin
Please inform your doctor or pharmacist:
• if you are taking or have recently taken or used any other medicines, even those not prescribed
• if you are on medication for depression. epilepsy or type II diabetes
• if you are taking a medicine for pain and/or inflammation containing non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (also known as NSAIDs)
• if you are taking a medicine containing loperamide for diarrhea
How to use desmopressin
The usual starting dose is 120 micrograms sublingually (under the tongue) at bedtime. Depending on how well the bedwetting is controlled, your doctor may increase the dose to either two 120 micrograms or one 240 micrograms sublingually (under the tongue) at bedtime. The need for continued treatment is normally checked every three months.
How to store desmopressin
Store below 25°C. Keep in original container in order to protect from moisture and light.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children. Do not take this medicine after the expiry date on the packaging.
The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
- Manufacturer: Minirin
- Ingredients: Desmopressin Acetate