Movicol Sachet 20pcs
Home delivery within 2 hours
Macrogol 3350 - 13.125 g/ Sodium Chloride 0.3507 g/ Sodium Bicarbonate 0.1785 g/ Potassium Chloride 0.0466 g Powder for oral solution
What is Macrogol/ Sodium Chloride/ Sodium Bicarbonate/ Potassium Chloride used for :
This medication consists of Macrogol which is a laxative and electrolytes (sodium chloride, sodium bicarbonate and potassium chloride). It is used for the treatment of adult, adolescent and elderly patients with constipation, including if you have been constipated for a long period of time and for fecal impaction (severe bowel condition in which a dry and hard mass of stool becomes stuck in the colon or rectum).
Do not take Macrogol/ Sodium Chloride/ Sodium Bicarbonate/ Potassium Chloride :
· If you are allergic to Macrogol, or sodium chloride, or sodium bicarbonate, or potassium chloride, or any of the ingredients in this medicine. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
· If you have an obstruction in your bowel.
· If you have a tear in your gut wall.
· If you have severe inflammatory bowel disease (e.g. Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease or toxic megacolon).
Do not give this medication for children below 12 years of age.
Warnings and precautions :
· Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you develop allergic reactions such as shortness of breath, skin rash, swelling of the face or neck, decreased blood pressure and dizziness.
· Contact your doctor if symptoms are not relieved.
· Make sure to take plenty of fluids when taking this medication. The fluid present in the medication is not a replacement for your regular daily fluid intake.
· This medication contains 186.87 mg of sodium per sachet (equivalent to 9.3% of an adult recommended maximum daily dietary intake of sodium adult), therefore, make sure to talk to your doctor for advice if you need to take more than 3 sachets per day for a long period of time and are following a strictly controlled low sodium diet.
Possible side effects :
Possible side effects include signs or symptoms of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat. Common side effects include stomach ache, indigestion, flatulence, bloating, mild diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and soreness of the anus (bottom). These side effects usually get better when you reduce the dose that you are taking.
Other medicines and Macrogol/ Sodium Chloride/ Sodium Bicarbonate/ Potassium Chloride :
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medications, including prescription medicines, over the counter medicines (do not require a prescription), herbals, vitamins and other supplements. Make sure to tell your doctor if you are taking antiepileptics (used to treat seizures).
How to take Macrogol/ Sodium Chloride/ Sodium Bicarbonate/ Potassium Chloride:
Recommended dose is 1 sachet for 1 to 3 times a day depending on how severe your constipation is. The medicine should be taken for around 2 weeks. If you have to take this medicine for a longer period of time, please make sure to consult your doctor first. If you take medicines that increase constipation or if you have constipation due to a disorder like Parkinson’s disease or multiple sclerosis (MS), your doctor may recommend that you take this medicine for longer than 2 weeks. If you have to take this medicine for a longer period of time, please make sure to see your doctor first. If you need to take the medicine for a long period of time, your doctor may recommend lowering the dose to 1 or 2 sachets a day.
Make sure to confirm with your doctor that you have fecal impaction before starting this medicine. Recommended dose is 8 sachets a day taken within 6 hours for up to 3 days if needed. Make sure not to exceed 2 sachets in an hour if you have a heart problem.
· Start by opening the sachet and pour the powder contents into a glass, followed by adding around 125ml (¼ pint) of water to the glass. Then, make sure to stir the mixture until all of the powder has dissolved well and the solution becomes clear or a little hazy, then drink the solution. If you have fecal impaction, you can dissolve the 8 sachets in 1 liter of water at once.
· Take your medicine at any time of the day with or without food.
How to store Macrogol/ Sodium Chloride/ Sodium Bicarbonate/ Potassium Chloride:
· Do not store the powder sachets above 25°C. If you have already prepared the solution and you were not able to drink it right away, make sure to keep it covered and stored in the fridge (2 – 8°C). Discard the solution after 6 hours if not used.
· Keep out of the reach of children and pets
· Do not use beyond the expiry date mentioned on the box
· Keep medication in its original pack to protect it from moisture and light
· Do not dispose medication in the wastewater or household waste
- Manufacturer: Movicol
- Product form: Sachets
- Ingredients: Peg - Electrolytes Granules
- Procto Glyvenol Procto Glyvenol Suppository 10pcs15.25 SAR
- Procto Glyvenol Procto Glyvenol Cream 30 gm20.25 SAR
- Daflon Daflon 500 mg Tablet 30pcs29.00 SAR
- Neo Healar Neo Healar Ointment 30 gm58.85 SAR