Optifast Shake Chocolate 12 Pack
Home delivery within 2 hours
- The Optifast® VLCD (Very low calorie diets) Chocolate flavor shake is part of a nutritionally complete program,
- high in protein and containing fiber.
- The comprehensive Optifast® VLCD™ program restricts energy intake to less than 800 calories a day
- While maintaining patients’ vital nutrition and health.
- Optifast® VLCD™ assists in meeting protein requirements with restricted food intake.
- There are 4 phases of the OPTIFAST VLCD Program.
- Although most individuals will start at the Intensive phase and work their way through to the Stabilization phase,
- you can start at the phase that best suits your needs and weight loss goals.
How to use:
- Simply add one sachet of Optifast® Shake mix to 200ml of cold water.
- Stir, blend or shake the liquid until the contents of the sachet are fully dissolved.
- Do not use boiling water.
- Add more water if you would prefer a larger shake or a more diluted taste.
- The taste is improved with colder water
Caution & Warnings:
- Do not go on the Optifast VLCD if you are/ have:
- Pregnant Or Breastfeeding
- your BMI is under 25kg m2.
- Children less than 18 years
- Use with caution in cases of:
- Acute cerebrovascular or cardiovascular disease ( Heart Attack or Angina )
- Renal, hepatic or gall bladder disease.
- Porphyria, Type 1 diabetes, Overt psychosis, Gout.
- Age > 65 years
- Allergy warning: Contains Milk, Fish and Soy.
- Contains Phenylalanine (not to be used by people suffering from Phenylketonuria).
Each Serving contains:
% of adult reference intake
Servings Per Container: 12
|Pantothenic acid||4 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.9 mg|
|Folic acid||124 mcg|
|Vitamin B12||1.2 mcg|
|Vitamin C||46 mg|
|Vitamin D||2.4 mcg|
|Vitamin K||32 mcg|
- Skimmed Milk Powder (31%), Milk Proteins [Calcium Caseinate (20%), Sodium Caseinate (10%)],
- Maltodextrin (Corn), Vegetable Oil (Canola, Sunflower),
- Minerals(Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Carbonate, Calcium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Potassium
- Phosphate, Ferric Pyrophosphate, Copper Gluconate, Zinc Sulphate, Manganese Sulphate, Sodium Fluoride, Potassium Iodide,
- Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Chromium Chloride),
- Vegetable Gum (E414), Fructo-oligosaccharide, Inulin, Medium Chain, Triglycerides, Glucose Syrup (Corn),
- Sugar, Fish Oil, Vegetarian Origin Emulsifiers (472c, Soy Lecithin, 471), Colour (Beetroot),
- Sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame Potassium), Antioxidants (E301, E304, E306),
- Natural and Nature Identical Chocolate Flavor,
- Vitamins (Vitamin E Acetate, Nicotinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Ascorbate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine
- Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Phytomenadione, Cholecalciferol, Cyanocobalamine, Biotin).
- OPTIFAST VLCD is accepted as being a safe form of weight loss with only minor, transient side effects being observed.
- These side effects are a result of the rapid weight loss and Ketosis and may include:
- sensitivity to cold, halitosis (bad breath), headache, hair loss, irritability,
- postural hypotension, fatigue, muscle cramps and menstrual disturbances.
- These side effects are generally insufficient in magnitude or duration to warrant cessation of the program.
- As with any major dietary adjustment, the first few days on the OPTIFAST VLCD Program can be difficult and are commonly known as the ‘3 Day Challenge’.
- As the body transitions into ketosis, you may experience some transient side effects
- such as fatigue, hunger, lack of concentration, nausea and headaches.
- Typically, only mild ketosis occurs during the OPTIFAST VLCD Program and most symptoms pass by in 4-6 days.
- Manufacturer: Optifast
- Product form: Shake