Optipred 1% Eye Drop 5 ml
Home delivery within 2 hours
Free Delivery Above 100.00 SAR
Available for pick-up from the store
Add to Wish List
Prednisolone acetate – 10mg/ml 1% Eye Drops, Suspension
What Prednisolone acetate is used for:
Prednisolone acetate is used in adults for the short-term treatment of eye inflammation.
It reduces the irritation, burning, redness and swelling of eye inflammation caused by chemicals, heat, radiation, allergy, or foreign objects in the eye.
Do not use Prednisolone acetate:
- If you are allergic to Prednisolone acetate, benzalkonium chloride or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you suffer from viral, fungal or bacterial eye infections
- If you suffer from tuberculosis of the eye
- If you have injuries to or ulcers on the cornea
- If you have previously had herpes simplex
Warnings and precautions:
Talk to your doctor before using Prednisolone acetate if you suffer from, or have in the past suffered from:
- Eye ulcers or have had a disease or treatment to the eye that caused the tissue to become thin
- You have glaucoma or are being treated for raised pressure within the eye
- You have had surgery for cataracts
- Bacterial, viral or fungal eye infections
Possible side effects:
These include headache, increased pressure within the eye, center of the eye becomes cloudy (cataracts), a feeling that something is in your eye, eye infections (bacterial, fungal or viral), mild stinging or irritation, red eye, blurred or poor vision, pupil dilation, change in sense of taste, rash or itching.
Other medicines and Prednisolone acetate:
Some medicines may increase the effects of Prednisolone acetate and your doctor may wish to monitor you carefully if you are taking these medicines (including some medicines for HIV: ritonavir, cobicistat).
How to use Prednisolone acetate:
The recommended dose is 1 or 2 drops into the affected eye(s) 2 to 4 times a day. During the first two days of treatment you may be asked to apply the drops as often as every hour.
You must not use the bottle if the tamper-proof seal on the bottle neck is broken before you first use it.
Apply your eye drops in the following way:
- Wash your hands. Shake the bottle well before use. Tilt your head back and look at the ceiling.
- Gently pull the lower eyelid down until there is a small pocket.
- Turn the bottle upside down and squeeze it to release one or two drops into each eye that needs treatment.
- Let go of the lower lid, and close your eye. Press your finger against the corner of your eye (the side where your eye meets your nose) for one minute.
How to store Prednisolone acetate:
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Discard the bottle 28 days after opening, even if there is solution remaining.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the bottle label. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month for an unopened bottle.
- Do not store above 25°C (room temperature). Do not freeze.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the tamper-proof seal is broken.
- Manufacturer: Optipred
- Product form: Drops
- Size: 5 ml
- Ingredients: Prednisolone Acetate