Renvela 800 mg 180 Tab
Home delivery within 2 hours
Free Delivery Above 100.00 SAR
Available for pick-up from the store
Add to Wish List
Sevelamer 800 mg film-coated tablets
What Sevelamer is used for:
- It binds phosphate from food in the digestive tract and so reduces serum phosphorus levels in the blood.
- This medicine is used to control hyperphosphatasemia (high blood phosphate levels) in:
- adult patients on dialysis (a blood clearance technique).
- It can be used in patients undergoing hemodialysis (using a blood filtration machine) or peritoneal dialysis (where fluid is pumped into the abdomen and an internal body membrane filters the blood);
- patients with chronic (long-term) kidney disease who are not on dialysis and have a serum (blood) phosphorus level equal to or above 1.78 mmol/l.
Do not use Sevelamer:
- you are allergic to the active substance or to any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- you have low levels of phosphate in your blood (your doctor will check this for you)
- you have bowel obstruction
Warnings and Precautions:
- Talk to your doctor before taking Sevelamer if any of the following applies to you:
- swallowing problems. Your doctor can rather prescribe Sevelamer powder for oral suspension
- problems with motility (movement) in your stomach and bowel
- being sick frequently
- active inflammation of the bowel
- have undergone major surgery on your stomach or bowel
- Talk to your doctor while taking Sevelamer:
- if you experience severe abdominal pain, stomach or intestine disorders, or blood in the stool (gastrointestinal bleeding). These symptoms can be due to serious inflammatory bowel disease caused by sevelamer crystals deposit in your bowel. Contact your doctor who will decide on continuing the treatment or not.
Possible side effects:
- Stop using the product and seek immediate medical attention if you develop throat tightness or swelling of the eyes, face, lips or tongue, feel faint, or have difficulty breathing.
- Stop using the product if you develop hives or itching of the face or body.
Other medicines and Sevelamer:
- Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
- Sevelamer should not be taken at the same time as ciprofloxacin (an antibiotic).
- If you are taking medicines for heart rhythm problems or for epilepsy, you should consult your doctor when taking Sevelamer.
- The effects of medicines such as ciclosporin, mycophenolate mofetil and tacrolimus (medicines used to suppress the immune system) may be reduced by Sevelamer.
- Your doctor will advise you if you are taking these medicines.
- Thyroid hormone deficiency may uncommonly be observed in certain people taking levothyroxine (used to treat low thyroid hormone levels) and Sevelamer.
- Therefore, your doctor may monitor the levels of thyroid stimulating hormone in your blood more closely.
- Medicines treating heartburn and reflux from your stomach or esophagus, such as omeprazole, pantoprazole, or lansoprazole, known as “proton pump inhibitors”, may reduce the efficacy of Sevelamer. Your doctor may monitor the phosphate level in your blood.
How to use Sevelamer:
- The recommended starting dose of Sevelamer tablets for adults and elderly is one to two tablets of 800 mg with each meal, 3 times a day. Check with your doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you are not sure.
How to store Sevelamer:
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the bottle and carton after the letters “EXP”.
- The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Keep the bottle container tightly closed in order to protect from moisture.
- This medicine does not require any special storage conditions.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
* Dosage form and route of administration of Sevelamer 2.4 g powder for oral suspension should be prescribed according to therapeutic indication and disease severity of each individual patient.
- Manufacturer: Renvela
- Product form: Tablets
- Ingredients: Sevelamer