Sensitive Skin and Its Suitable Products
Sensitive skin is dry skin in most cases. It is thin and can easily get inflammation and look red. This type of skin is sensitive to perfumes, alcohol, and preservatives found in cosmetic products. When it is irritated it feels uncomfortable and itchy.
It also likely to develop pustules and requires special care more than any other type of skin and sometimes medical treatment is needed to limit its sensitivity. To care for sensitive skin you need to follow these steps:
- Make sure you have enough antioxidants in your daily meals including vitamin A, E and C which are found in fruits and vegetables. Also, have probiotic food which has anti-inflammatory property such as yogurt. You are also strongly advised to stay away from all types of food that causes irritation to your sensitive skin.
- Do not use any cosmetic product that contains perfume, alcohol or preservatives or the products that are not designed for sensitive skin. Care must be taken to cleanse the skin regularly with a light creamy cleanser that contains no perfumes or preservatives.
- Make sure your sensitive skin is moisturized at all times with a light moisturizing cream specially formulated for sensitive skin.
- Avoid exfoliating the skin as much as possible. Once per month is considered to be more than sufficient to remove dead skin cells by the use of a gentle and light exfoliating cream. And if this also irritates the skin then abandon it altogether.
- Avoid makeup as it is harmful to sensitive skin.
- Exercising regularly to increase blood circulation and deliver vital nutrients to the skin cells more effectively.
- Refrain from smoking or staying with smoking people as smoke dries your skin further and cause its irritation. Wash with lukewarm water and avoid hot water.
- Do not expose your skin to direct sun rays and make sure you apply a gentle and creamy sunscreen designed for sensitive skins.
- Visit a dermatologist on a regular basis to examine your skin condition and to provide it with proper treatment before it gets serious damages by inflammations or any other types of skin diseases.