- pain or a scratchy sensation in the throat
- Pain that worsens with swallowing or talking
- Difﬁculty swallowing
- Sore, swollen glands in your neck or jaw
Swollen, red tonsils
White patches or pus on your tonsils A hoarse or mufﬂed voice
Infections causing a sore Infections causing a sore symptoms, including:
Nausea or vomiting
There is no way to cure a sore throat that is caused by a virus. You can just treat the symptoms with pain relief. The sore throat should clear up in 5 to 7 days. If the sore throat is caused by bacteria, you may beneﬁt from antibiotics.
LIFESTYLE AND HOME REMEDIES:
- Get plenty of sleep. Rest your voice, too.
- Avoid irritants. Keep your home free from cigarette smoke and cleaning products that can irritate the throat.
- Drink warm liquids that feel soothing to the throat, such as hot tea with honey, soup broth, or warm water with lemon. Herbal teas are especially soothing to a sore throat.
To relieve the aches and pains of a cold and sore throat.
SORE THROAT SPRAYS AND LOZENGES:
To soothe your throat and numb the throat pain temporarily.
nasal sprays is used to relieve a sore throat caused by postnasal drip “which is nasal drainage that runs down your throat”.
Be sure to stop using nasal decongestant sprays after three days, or you may have an increase in congestion when you stop them.