Vimpat 50 mg 56 TabletShare this item
Same Day Delivery
Available for Store Pickup
Lacosamide 50mg Tablets
Lacosamide 100mg Tablets
Lacosamide 150mg Tablets
Lacosamide 200mg Tablets
What is Lacosamide used for
Lacosamide is a medication that is usually used in combination with other medications for the treatment of partial-onset seizures; a medical condition that causes abnormal electrical conductions starting from only one part of the brain. It is used in patients who are at least 17 years old.
Do not take Lacosamide
If you are allergic to Lacosamide or any of the ingredients in this medicine. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
Warnings and Precautions
• Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you develop allergic reactions such as shortness of breath, skin rash, swelling of the face or neck, decreased blood pressure and dizziness.
• Talk to your doctor if you experience any signs or symptoms of heart problems such as: shortness of breath, fatigue upon exertion, chest pain, peripheral swelling, fast or slow heart rate.
• Contact your doctor if you experience unusual changes in behavior or mood, appearance or worsening of depression, suicidal thoughts.
• Contact your doctor if you experience dizziness, weakness, slurred speech, falling and difficulty staying coordinated.
• Contact your doctor if you experience liver problems like dark urine, feeling tired, not hungry, upset stomach or stomach pain, light-colored stools, throwing up, or yellow skin or eyes.
• Abrupt discontinuation of this medication may worsen seizures. Make sure to contact your doctor before stopping it as gradual withdrawal over a period of 1 week may be necessary.
Possible side effects of Lacosamide
Side effects of Lacosamide include: allergic reactions, palpitations, constipation, indigestion, dry mouth, dizziness, nausea, headache, fatigue and double vision.
Other medicines and Lacosamide
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medications.
How to take Lacosamide
Patients 17 years old or above:
Recommended initial dose is 50mg twice daily. The dose may be gradually increased on a weekly basis in increments of 100mg a day divided as twice daily depending on your tolerability and response to the medication. The total daily dose may reach 200 – 400mg.
• Take with or without food.
• Take tablet with a full glass of water.
How to store Lacosamide
• Store at 20 to 25°C (68 to 77°F)
• Keep out of the reach of children and pets
• Do not use beyond the expiry date mentioned on the box
• Keep medication in its original pack to protect it from moisture
• Do not use damaged pills
• Do not dispose pills in the wastewater or household waste
- Manufacturer: Vimpat
- Ingredients: Lacosamide