Zytiga 500mg 60 Tablets
Home delivery within 2 hours
- ZYTIGA contains a medicine called abiraterone acetate.
- It is used to treat prostate cancer that has spread to other parts of the body in adult men.
- ZYTIGA prevents your body from making testosterone, and this can slow the growth of prostate cancer.
- If ZYTIGA is prescribed at an early stage of the disease, where hormone treatment is still having an effect, it is used together with a medicine that lowers testosterone levels (androgen suppressive treatment).
- When you use this medicine, your doctor will also prescribe another medicine called prednisone or prednisolone.
- This is to reduce the risk of you getting high blood pressure , too much water in the body (fluid retention), or a reduced amount of potassium in the blood.
How To Use:
- Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- Contact a doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure.
How much to take:
- The recommended dose is 1000 mg (two tablets) once daily.
Use of this medicine:
- Take this medicine by mouth.
- Do not take ZYTIGA with food.
- Taking ZYTIGA with food can lead to more of the medicine being absorbed into the body than is necessary, and this can cause side effects.
- Take ZYTIGA tablets as a single dose once daily on an empty stomach.
- ZYTIGA should be taken at least two hours after you have eaten.
- Do not eat for at least one hour after taking ZYTIGA.
- Swallow the tablets whole with water.
- Do not share the tablets.
- ZYTIGA is taken together with a medicine called prednisone or prednisolone.
- Use prednisone or prednisolone as your doctor has told you.
- You must take prednisone or prednisolone every day while taking ZYTIGA.
- The amount of prednisone or prednisolone you take may need to be changed if a medical emergency occurs.
- The doctor will tell you if you need to change the amount of prednisone or prednisolone.
- Do not stop taking prednisone or prednisolone unless your doctor tells you to.
- Your doctor may also prescribe other medicines while you are taking ZYTIGA and prednisone or prednisolone.
If you take too much ZYTIGA:
- Talk to a doctor or see a hospital immediately if you take too much.
- If you forget to take ZYTIGA.
- If you have forgotten to take ZYTIGA or prednisone or prednisolone, take your usual dose the next day.
- If you have forgotten to take ZYTIGA or prednisone or prednisolone for more than one day, consult your doctor immediately.
- If you stop treatment with ZYTIGA.
- Do not stop taking ZYTIGA or prednisone or prednisolone unless your doctor tells you to.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about the use of this
Warnings And Precautions:
Do not use ZYTIGA:
- If you are allergic to abiraterone acetate or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are a woman, especially if you are pregnant. ZYTIGA should only be used by male patients.
- If you have severe liver damage.
- In combination with Ra-223 (which is used to treat prostate cancer).
- Do not use this medicine if any of the above applies to you.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if you are unsure.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine:
- If you have liver problems
- If you have been told you have high blood pressure or heart failure or low blood potassium (low blood potassium can increase the risk of heart rhythm problems)
- If you have had other heart or vascular problems
- If you have an irregular or high heart rate
- If you are short of breath
- If you have gained weight quickly
- If you have swelling in your feet, ankles, or legs
- If you have previously taken a medicine called ketoconazole for prostate cancer
- About the need to take this medicine together with prednisone or prednisolone
Taking ZYTIGA with food:
- This medicine should not be taken with food.
- Taking ZYTIGA with food may cause side effects.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding ZYTIGA is not for use in women:
- This medicine may cause harm to the unborn child if used by pregnant women.
- If you have sex with a woman who could become pregnant, use a condom plus other effective contraception.
- If you have sex with a pregnant woman, you must use a condom to protect the unborn child.
Driving and using machines:
- This medicine is unlikely to affect your ability to drive or use tools or machines.
ZYTIGA contains lactose and sodium:
- ZYTIGA contains lactose. If your doctor has told you that you have an intolerance to some types of sugar, you should contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
- This medicine contains 27 mg of sodium (found in table salt) in each daily dose of two tablets.
- This corresponds to 1.35% of the recommended maximum daily intake of sodium through the diet for an adult.
How To Store ZYTIGA:
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton, cardboard folder, and blister.
- The expiration date is the last day of the specified month.
- This medicine does not require any special storage conditions.
- Medicines must not be thrown into waste water or together with household waste.
- Ask the pharmacy how to dispose of medicines that you no longer use.
- These measures will help to protect the environment.
- The active ingredient is abiraterone acetate. Each film-coated tablet contains 500 mg of abiraterone acetate.
What ZYTIGA looks like and the contents of the pack:
- Each 30-day box contains 60 film-coated tablets in 5 cardboard folders with 12 film-coated tablets in each.
- Manufacturer: Zytiga
- Product form: Tablets
- Ingredients: abiraterone acetate
- Product function: Malignant prostate cancer medication